- Climbing to the top of the dunes during the sunset gives you amazing panoramic view of desert
- Travel to the Flaming Cliffs, where legendary explorer Roy Chapman Andrews discovered the first nest of dinosaur eggs
- Hike through Yoliin Am Valley, home to unusual rock formations and rich bird and plant life
- Spend 2-4 hours a day camel trekking
- Stay with nomadic family, feel real nomadic way of lifestyle, to see how to make and dairy products
- Guesthouse or hotel 2 nights
- Nomadic family staying 3 nights
- Tourist camp 2 nights
- Camping 2 nights (in summer)
Mongolian Gobi is one of the most remote and least trodden deserts in the world. The third in the world after the Sahara, and Arabian Desert, it covers nearly one-third of Mongolia. Also it is one of the worlds the most beautiful, with mountain peaks, grasslands, desert steppes, sand dunes and oases.
Day 1 Baga gazriin chuluu
Early morning drive to Baga gazriin chuluu. It is located in Delgertsogt soum, Dundgovi province and surrounded by plain. The highest one is 15 km long and 10 km wide granite stone-mountain elevated at 1768m above sea level. There are also over 20 kinds of medical herbs like burnet, many kinds of world rare animals like marmot, ibex and mountain sheep. Also you can see burial mounds and ruin of temple.
Day 2 Tsagaan suvraga
After breakfast drive to Tsagaan suvraga (White Stupa). The name is given by local people to the impressive and legendary cliff which is eroded by natural phenomenon. It is located junction of middle gobi and south gobi provinces. Having 10 million years history, the cliff indicates different times by its colored layers. Tsagaan Suvarga (White Stupa) is interesting to see the sheer slope, facing east, which from a distance seems to be the ruins of the ancient city. Mongolia people found fossilized con shell print of sea plans from here.
Day 3 ”Three beauty mountains” National Park
Drive to ”Three beauty mountains” National Park. We will pass Dalanzadgad which is capital of Umnugobi province. The mountains are most easterly points of the Altai mountain complex and the highest peak is 2815 meter above sea level. A number of rare plants and animals are found in the park, including the elusive snow leopard, wild goat/ibex/, wild sheep/argali/. We will explore Yoliin Am (Vulture Valley). You will visit local musuem and walk to end of valley. It is wonderfully picturesque place with ice even in summer, and surrounded by sheer rocky walls, forming incredible canyons.
Day 4 “Khongor” sand dunes
Head to “Khongor” sand dunes. The shifting dunes is 180 km long, 400 m hight, 20 km wide. The dunes surrounded by higher mountains and bordered lush green vegetation. Local people named “Singing dune” When the wind blows over the dunes it makes strange sound like high pitched tone of an air plane.
Day 5 “Khongor” sand dunes
After breakfast, you will visit nomadic family. You wil ride a camel three hours to sand dunes. Have shower. Optional you can see sun set on the “Singing dunes”.
Day 6 Bayan Zag
In the morning drive to Bayan Zag. It means “rich in saxaul shrubs” is more common known as the Flaming Cliffs. It was formed 60-70 million years ago. The area is most famous for the first discovery of dinosaur eggs. Flaming Cliffs was discovered in 1922 by the explorer Roy Chapman Andrews, who visited in Mongolia.
Day 7 Zorgol Khairkhan Mountain
Drive to one of sacred mountain in Mongolia. The mountain noted “Secret history of Mongolian”. It has many caves and water springs. Lucky visitors may see wild animals like mountain goats, ibex and eagles. There are several burial sites of ancient Mongol soldiers around this mountain. According to shamanic custom, pronouncing the name of the holy mountains while visiting them is forbidden.
Day 8 Ulaanbaatar city
Drive back Ulaanbaatar.
- Extension to Central Mongolia
- Extension to pristine and blue pearl Lake Huvsgul in the Northern Mongolia
- Extension to the magnificent Altai Mountains in Western Mongolia
- Extension to Native land of Great king Chinggis
- Accommodation during the trip
- Driver + 4WD vehicle + Petrol
- English Speaking guide
- Three meals (B,L,D)
- Bottled water supply for 1.5 l pp for every day
- Entrance fees for National Parks and Museums
- International Airfare
- Personal items
- Optional activity costs
- Alcoholic drinks
- Travel insurance